Glaucoma is a disease that, for the most part, affects only the eyes. Along with acute angle-closure glaucoma, also known as closed-angle glaucoma, comes severe eye pain, which result from of a rapid increase in pressure of the eye. The pain can be intense, causing nausea and vomiting. With all other types of glaucoma there is unlikely to be any other effect on the body besides the eyes and their loss of vision.
- Q When should I seek immediate help if I have glaucoma?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with glaucoma?
- Q What is angle-closure glaucoma?
- Q How does glaucoma cause vision loss?
- Q What is open-angle glaucoma?
- Q What does a doctor check for with glaucoma?