Glaucoma is a disease that, for the most part, affects only the eyes. Along with acute angle-closure glaucoma, also known as closed-angle glaucoma, comes severe eye pain, which result from of a rapid increase in pressure of the eye. The pain can be intense, causing nausea and vomiting. With all other types of glaucoma there is unlikely to be any other effect on the body besides the eyes and their loss of vision.
- Q What is the most serious type of glaucoma?
- Q What is angle-closure glaucoma?
- Q What is the difference between primary and secondary glaucoma?
- Q What are the different types of glaucoma?
- Q Would a family history of glaucoma prevent me from having Lasik surgery?
- Q What is pigmentary open-angle glaucoma?