Glaucoma is a disease that, for the most part, affects only the eyes. Along with acute angle-closure glaucoma, also known as closed-angle glaucoma, comes severe eye pain, which result from of a rapid increase in pressure of the eye. The pain can be intense, causing nausea and vomiting. With all other types of glaucoma there is unlikely to be any other effect on the body besides the eyes and their loss of vision.
- Q What should I ask my doctor about glaucoma?
- Q What does taking high blood pressure medication have to do with glaucoma?
- Q What is pigmentary open-angle glaucoma?
- Q What is closed-angle glaucoma?
- Q Can toxoplasmosis compromise the treatment for glaucoma?
- Q How does glaucoma damage the eyes?