Glaucoma is a disease that, for the most part, affects only the eyes. Along with acute angle-closure glaucoma, also known as closed-angle glaucoma, comes severe eye pain, which result from of a rapid increase in pressure of the eye. The pain can be intense, causing nausea and vomiting. With all other types of glaucoma there is unlikely to be any other effect on the body besides the eyes and their loss of vision.
- Q What is angle-closure glaucoma?
- Q Is it common to have glaucoma for decades with no vision loss?
- Q What is normal-pressure glaucoma?
- Q What is the rate of incidence for glaucoma?
- Q Would a family history of glaucoma prevent me from having Lasik surgery?
- Q What is glaucoma-and how does it damage vision?