How can I manage my stress if I have chronic pain?

It's impossible to avoid everything that causes stress -- including pain -- but you can take proactive steps to dial it down. Try a meditation class, tai chi or yoga to help reduce stress. If it's really severe or caused predominantly by your chronic pain, talk to your doctor about additional ways to reduce it. Humor, a positive perspective and acceptance help keep stress in check.

Continue Learning about Living With Chronic Pain

Why is being inactive due to chronic pain a bad idea?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
Some patients question how exercise can actually improve mobility and decrease pain. In fact, ma...
What is the connection between chronic pain and sleep problems?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
An important area of research into the connection between sleep and chronic fatigue looks at the...
How to Avoid Knee Surgery With Osteoarthritis
2 Tips to Relieve Chronic Pain Without Drugs