Can soy help relieve chronic pain?

A diet high in soy products may be the answer for chronic pain sufferers in the not-to-distant future. Some researchers from Johns Hopkins have found that rats on a soy-based diet experienced “significantly less” swelling and were able to tolerate more pain than the test group given a milk protein. In the study, rats that were fed soymilk were better able to withstand heat that was applied to their paw and had less swelling than rats fed milk. Of course, human studies must follow for scientists to think this is a pain “cure,” but I believe that this is very promising as we search for pain relief using natural therapies.
The Women's Guide to Ending Pain: An 8-Step Program

Are you one of the 80 million North American women suffering from the chronic pain of:* Menstrual cramps* Fibromyalgia* Headaches * Carpal tunnel syndrome* Back or neck pain?Starting today, you can...

Continue Learning about Living With Chronic Pain

How can I manage my stress if I have chronic pain?
It's impossible to avoid everything that causes stress -- including pain -- but you can take pro...
Does being overweight affect chronic pain?
Peter A. Abaci, MDPeter A. Abaci, MD
Can weight management equal pain management? This is a topic that probably doesn’t get discussed eno...
Are Steroid Injections for Back Pain Safe?
Smart Spices to Relieve Pain
Smart Spices to Relieve Pain