Why should I eat healthy if I have cancer?

Eating well is very important for everyone but especially for people with cancer. Doctors and researchers have found that patients who eat well during their treatment periods -- especially those who eat diets high in protein and calories -- are better able to stand the side effects of the treatments. Those who eat well may even be able to withstand a higher dose of certain treatments.

Eating a well-balanced diet can help maintain your strength, can prevent body tissues from breaking down, and can help rebuild the normal tissues that have been affected by the treatments.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

How We Can Beat Cancer?
How We Can Beat Cancer?
Who Do I Need to Tell That I Have Cancer?
What Are the Most Important Advances In Cancer Treatment?
Understanding Cancer Today
Understanding Cancer Today