What exercise should I do if I have cancer?

If you have cancer there is not really a standard exercise protocol that you should follow. Everybody is different. Try and incorporate exercise in your daily activities. Instead of parking close to the entrance, if you feel up to it, maybe park a little further or take the stairs. Get out and get a little bit of sun, get a little bit of activity, fresh air. Taking a walk in the woods is always a nice activity to freshen up the mind and recover from stress and work.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

In general, the more active you are, the better your immune system works and the better you will be able to fight the cancer. Aerobic exercise is usually the best for stimulating the immune system. But don't overdo it. Exercise to tolerance -- or until you feel tired -- is generally recommended.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

Caregiver Corner: Coping With Cancer in the Family
If cancer has caused you or someone else in your family to become a caregiver, you already know that caregiving is demanding, both physically and ment...
How can hypnosis help someone with cancer?
Hypnosis is an artificially induced sleep-like condition of high concentration, characterized by...
How can I get support from others if I have cancer?
Living with cancer is not easy. Ask your doctor for a referral to a counselor who specializes in...
What Are the Most Important Advances In Cancer Treatment?