What are the dietary recommendations for someone with cancer?

A great resource to provide information for food, nutrition, and cancer is the American Institute of Cancer Research, www.aicr.org.
A few diet recommendations to get you started include:
  • Eating a diet rich in plant based protein such as nuts, seeds, and legumes.
  • Eat a variety of fruits and vegeatbles such as the cruciferous vegetables.
  • Decrease the amount of refined sugar and processed foods from the daily diet.
  • Use a variety of whole grains to your diet such as quinoa, spelt, and multigrain foods. 
  • Maintain an optimal body weight for your body size. 
Learn more on how a registerted dietitian is used in cancer treatment at www.cancercenter.com. 

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

Managing Your Emotions During Multiple Myeloma Remission
Multiple myeloma is a treatable disease, but not, at this point, a curable one. Even entry into remission doesn’t signal the end of worries and concer...
How can I prevent weight loss during cancer treatment?
To prevent weight loss during cancer treatment, try these strategies: Eat small meals or snacks ...
What signs of cancer-related stress should I watch for?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
If you are experiencing a lot of stress in your life, you may notice physical side effects or change...
What Are the Most Important Advances In Cancer Treatment?