What may be causing my nausea if I have cancer?

Nausea in cancer patients can be caused by:
  • Chemotherapy. Nausea and vomiting can occur on the day you receive your treatment. It can last three or more days. Often a prescription medicine is needed to control it.
  • Radiation therapy. Nausea and vomiting may start within one to two hours after a treatment to your chest, abdomen, or pelvis. It may last for several hours. A prescription medicine may be needed.
  • Other things related to your cancer, such as pain, fatigue, medications, and stress. Nausea from stress and fatigue can often be managed by learning ways to help you relax or by making a change in your diet.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

what exercises can i do while sitting in a chair after cancer surgery ?
The following are exercises you can do while sitting in a chair after cancer surgery: Window Was...
how should i communicate with my loved ones after a cancer diagnosis ?
Good In BedGood In Bed
If you have been diagnosed with cancer, don't forget about your loved ones. Communicate about al...
how can i treat the fatigue i am experiencing during cancer treatment ?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Fatigue during cancer treatment is a treatable condition, and you can work with your health care tea...
are there tests for predicting cancer ?
are there tests for predicting cancer ?