How do I tell someone I'm dating that I had cancer?

Telling someone you are dating that you're a cancer survivor can be difficult and especially if you really like this person and are worried that if you reveal that you have cancer it might end the relationship.

Here are some questions that you can think about that may help prepare you to talk about your cancer:

• How do I bring it up naturally?
  • How do I explain scars?
  • How will I respond to different types of reaction?

Keep in mind that there are no right answers to these questions. You have to think about what response you are most comfortable with and decide at that particular time what you should or should not tell at this time. Preparing yourself for the conversation may help you feel more confident.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

how can i help my child cope with my cancer ?
In addition to educating children about your cancer and keeping a normal routine, there are some thi...
how can i help my child focus on school if i am being treated for cancer ?
If you are being treated for cancer, you'll want to be as vigilant as you were before about making s...
why should i have an active sex life if i am diagnosed with cancer ?
Good In BedGood In Bed
Not only does maintaining an active sex life keep the intimate connection between you and your p...
who do i need to tell that i have cancer ?