How do I tell someone I'm dating that I had cancer?

Telling someone you are dating that you're a cancer survivor can be difficult and especially if you really like this person and are worried that if you reveal that you have cancer it might end the relationship.

Here are some questions that you can think about that may help prepare you to talk about your cancer:

• How do I bring it up naturally?
  • How do I explain scars?
  • How will I respond to different types of reaction?

Keep in mind that there are no right answers to these questions. You have to think about what response you are most comfortable with and decide at that particular time what you should or should not tell at this time. Preparing yourself for the conversation may help you feel more confident.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

How Lung Cancer Can Impact Sleep and What to do About It
Sleep is essential to good health, and adequate amounts of sleep are important to cognitive function, cardiovascular health, energy levels, cellular r...
How can spirituality help people with cancer?
Spiritual or emotional support from doctors, nurses, family, friends, or a member of the clergy ...
How might a cancer diagnosis affect my partner emotionally?
Good In BedGood In Bed
When someone is presented with a cancer diagnosis, they often run through a gamut of conflicting...
Is Genetic Medicine the Future of Cancer Treatment?