How can talking to others help me if I have cancer?

If you have cancer, make a point to talk to a friend or family member every day. They care about you most, and this kind of support is important in helping manage depression. Talking on the phone, by e-mail, or face-to-face may not only help distract you from your worries, but it also can help you voice your concerns so they don't become overwhelming. Your friends and family may not know how to act around you at first, but the more you talk to them, the easier it will be.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

How Lung Cancer Can Impact Sleep and What to do About It
Sleep is essential to good health, and adequate amounts of sleep are important to cognitive function, cardiovascular health, energy levels, cellular r...
Acupuncture for Cancer-Treatment-Induced Hot Flashes
When Cybill Shepherd recorded the Menopause Blues (it’s on You Tube) in 2004 she crooned about “those hot flashin’, mood swingin’” miseries. But we be...
How Can We Find the Cure for Cancer?
How Can We Find the Cure for Cancer?
How Can I Sleep Better While Undergoing Cancer Treatment?