How can I search for meaning in my cancer journey?

You can begin to search for an understanding of your cancer experience at any point. There are different emotions and challenges that may occur at the time of diagnosis, during treatment, and months or even years after treatment has ended. The search can last through all stages or come and go. 

The following activities may help you find the meaning that gives you support and strength:
  • Keep track of your thoughts and feelings by writing them down or doing some type of creative process such as art, photography, or dance.
  • Define and understand what is most important in your life.
  • Talk to other survivors and share the purpose, meaning, and growth that have been found during the cancer experience.
  • Talk to a licensed counselor or therapist if depression, anxiety, or any part of the cancer journey becomes overwhelming.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

Acupuncture for Cancer-Treatment-Induced Hot Flashes
When Cybill Shepherd recorded the Menopause Blues (it’s on You Tube) in 2004 she crooned about “those hot flashin’, mood swingin’” miseries. But we be...
What is a cancer support group?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
A cancer support group is a way to connect you with people in a similar medical situation. Support ...
How long will my fatigue last after I complete cancer treatment?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Your energy level will return to normal within the first six months after active cancer treatmen...
How Do I Cope When I First Find Out I Have Cancer?