How can physical therapy help someone with cancer?

Physical therapy is a non-drug treatment that maximizes a patient's physical abilities and comfort levels. This can result in the most effective and quickest recovery path from cancer. There are many types of programs with varying degrees of activity level. These programs attempt to help you:
  • Return to your normal activities
  • Learn energy conservation techniques
  • Balance physical activity and rest time
  • Eliminate discomfort
  • Build strength
  • Reduce stress levels
  • Manage fatigue

How it's used: Programs can be taught and followed at cancer treatment centers or by watching videos and reading pamphlets. Programs can be customized to meet your personal needs and requirements.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

Caregiver Corner: Coping With Cancer in the Family
If cancer has caused you or someone else in your family to become a caregiver, you already know that caregiving is demanding, both physically and ment...
If I have cancer, when should I call my doctor after a paracentesis?
Aurora Health CareAurora Health Care
Do not drive for 24 hours after a paracentesis -- a procedure in which fluid is taken from the abdom...
How can talking to others help me if I have cancer?
If you have cancer, make a point to talk to a friend or family member every day. They care about...
What Is Personalized Medicine in Cancer Treatment?