How much should I exercise if I have cancer?

Any amount of exercise is better than none at all if you have cancer. Even a short walk around the block will get your heart going and may lighten up your day. Too much exercise too soon can cause negative effects on recovery and healing. Make sure you ease into any new exercise program after surgery and/or treatments, even if you used to work out heavily before your cancer diagnosis.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

Caregiver Corner: Coping With Cancer in the Family
If cancer has caused you or someone else in your family to become a caregiver, you already know that caregiving is demanding, both physically and ment...
How can I monitor my health after cancer treatment?
Mark A. O'Rourke, MDMark A. O'Rourke, MD
After cancer treatment is completed, a cancer survivor needs to know who to see, when to follow up, ...
What can help my cancer pain besides medications?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Pain medications are almost always needed when pain levels are moderate or severe. However, other tr...
Has Progress Been Made in the War on Cancer?