How can I handle my child's social needs if I am being treated for cancer?

During the difficult time when you are receiving treatment for cancer, you may be tempted to put a hiatus on things like your children's after-school activities and socializing. However, this will only make the situation seem more intense because your children will not only notice that things have changed, they'll have fewer fun distractions and a smaller support network. If you are not physically up to doing the activities, ask for help. Many people are likely to ask you what they can do for you; don't be afraid to tell them.

Continue Learning about Living With Cancer

How Lung Cancer Can Impact Sleep and What to do About It
Sleep is essential to good health, and adequate amounts of sleep are important to cognitive function, cardiovascular health, energy levels, cellular r...
How can physical therapy help someone with cancer?
Physical therapy is a non-drug treatment that maximizes a patient's physical abilities and comfo...
How long will my fatigue last after I complete cancer treatment?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Your energy level will return to normal within the first six months after active cancer treatmen...
Is Genetic Medicine the Future of Cancer Treatment?