I have breast cancer, should I follow a specific diet?

There are no recommendations and no evidence supporting a specific diet for breat cancer survivors. We do know, however, that a high fat diet INCREASES your risk for breast cancer so it makes sense to limit your fat intake. Other than that, most experts would recommend you follow a healthy diet.
Yes! Here are a few tips to get you started: 1. Strive for more plant based proteins such as nuts, seeds, and legumes. 2. Try ground flax seed, there is new research supporting the benefits to breast cancer patients. 3. Eat a diet rich in Vitamin D foods; and 4. Exercise regularly according to your health care teams recommendations. 
Karen Graham
There is a lot of recent research that shows a diet low in saturated fat can increase survivals rates in women with breast cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with any type of cancer, you should follow the recommendations of your health care provider. In general, the healthier your diet is, the more nutrients you will provide to your body. If your condition or treatment is affecting your nutrition (i.e. nausea, taste changes, loss of appetite, etc.) ask your doctor for a referral to a registered dietitian who specializes in oncology, the field of medicine devoted to cancer.

Continue Learning about Living With Breast Cancer

How can I treat hot flashes when I have breast cancer?
Patricia Geraghty, NPPatricia Geraghty, NP
Hot flashes can be a real challenge to good quality of life in the perimenopausal woman who has brea...
What can I do about fatigue during breast cancer treatment?
Fatigue is a major problem if you are receiving treatment for breast cancer, particularly if you're ...
Does Vitamin D Improve Survival in Breast Cancer Patients?
How Does Breast Cancer Affect Families?
How Does Breast Cancer Affect Families?