Q

Living With Arthritis

How can I reduce stress if I have arthritis?

• A , Neurology, answered
    Look for ways to reduce your stress level and put yourself and your needs first. This is not selfish or self-centered. You must take care of you first!

You are the authority regarding your own body. Rest when you’re
    tired. Be protective about how you spend your time and energy. Understand that day-to-day living uses a great deal of physical energy and there is an emotional and mental component to coping and adapting. Do the things that are important to you and your family. Give yourself permission to say “no,” without feeling guilty. When you are feeling better, you can say “yes.”

Find out more about this book:

Arthritis
    Buy book
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How can I stay active when I have arthritis in my knees?