I have arthritis in my knees, what exercises may be safe for me?

There are several safe and comfortable exercises for individuals who suffer from arthritis. Water-based exercises help alleviate pressure on the knees and offer a good amount of resistance and cardiorespiratory conditioning. If water is not an ideal solution for you, try lower impact exercises using low to moderate weight and continuous support for your knees like ball squats and ball bridges. To strengthen your hips and alleviate pressure on your knees side-to-side tube walking is a good alternative. These exercises, if done correctly, place minimal stress on the knees and will help strengthen your hips and legs. When performing any of these exercises, make sure your knee stays in line with your toes during the movement.

Continue Learning about Living With Arthritis

how can i organize my home to make living with arthritis easier ?
If someone in your home has osteoarthritis, it's important to make the home as safe as possible to h...
what types of exercise are good for people with arthritis ?
For people with arthritis, non-weight-bearing exercise is best, such as walking in the pool, water a...
can i still do sports if i have arthritis ?
Research suggests that repeated exercises, such as long-distance running, does not increase the risk...
why should i do stretching exercises if i have arthritis ?
The following stretches should be very effective for you to perform-hip flexor (standing), inner thi...