I have arthritis in my knees, what exercises may be safe for me?

There are several safe and comfortable exercises for individuals who suffer from arthritis. Water-based exercises help alleviate pressure on the knees and offer a good amount of resistance and cardiorespiratory conditioning. If water is not an ideal solution for you, try lower impact exercises using low to moderate weight and continuous support for your knees like ball squats and ball bridges. To strengthen your hips and alleviate pressure on your knees side-to-side tube walking is a good alternative. These exercises, if done correctly, place minimal stress on the knees and will help strengthen your hips and legs. When performing any of these exercises, make sure your knee stays in line with your toes during the movement.

Continue Learning about Living With Arthritis

How can I reduce stress if I have arthritis?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Look for ways to reduce your stress level and put yourself and your needs first. This is not selfi...
Why should I do stretching exercises if I have arthritis?
The following stretches should be very effective for you to perform-hip flexor (standing), inner thi...
Enjoy Sweet Pain Relief with Strawberries
How Can Exercise Help Me Manage Psoriatic Arthritis?