Why does MERV matter if I have allergies?

If you have allergies, an air filter can help -- if, that is, the filter has the right MERV rating, says allergy specialist and Dr. Oz Show guest Clifford Bassett. In this video, Dr. Bassett tells Dr. Oz how to judge the quality of an air filter, and what kinds do the best job. 

Continue Learning about Living With & Managing Allergies

Big News on Pricing for EpiPens and Alternatives
The band Berlin hit the charts in 1986 with Take My Breath Away, a year before the first epinephrine auto-injector was FDA approved. That device was a...
Why do some antihistamines in allergy medicines make me sleepy?
Lawrence T. Chiaramonte, MDLawrence T. Chiaramonte, MD
Antihistamines are distinguished by the fact that some make us sleepy and some don't. The ones t...
Can I take allergy medications during pregnancy and breast-feeding?
Whether you can take allergy medications during pregnancy and breast-feeding is between you and your...
What Can I Do About An Itchy Nose If I Have Allergies?