Why should I deal with my feelings if I'm a teen with ADHD?

One of the best ways to manage your attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a teen is by increasing your ability to know what you are feeling, to name your feelings, and then to express them skillfully. The more you can name your feelings in the moment, the better you will be able to cope with them.

The ADHD Workbook for Teens: Activities to Help You Gain Motivation and Confidence (Instant Help Book for Teens)

Focus on Your Strengths and Overcome ADHDSymptoms of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD, can strike at any time-during class, when you're listening to a friend's story, while doing...

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
What are healthy ways to take risks if I am a teen with ADHD?
Dr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhDDr. Lara Honos-Webb, PhD
Many teens with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) seek stimulation. Like them, you may...
What special accommodations at school are available to teens with ADHD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you are a teen with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), take steps to see if any...
Minimize Side Effects from ADHD Medications