What foods help ADHD?

Eating right is important to your body – AND your mind. A nutritionist specializing in ADHD can help you plan your meals, given all the relevant health information in your specific case. But in general, whole, unprocessed grains, lots of fruits and veggies, and avoiding “sugar/carb/caffeine highs” are all ways to use foods to help keep your mind focused. There are good studies that show that omega-3 fatty acids – especially the version called DHA for children – can be very important for developing brains.

There aren’t any foods that have consistently been shown to help patients with ADHD. There is interesting research in foods that may contribute to ADHD, however. Most concern has been about artificial food coloring increasing ADHD symptoms in children, but no definitive answer has emerged.

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
How can I build resilience if I have adult ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you have adult attention deficit disorder (ADD), one of the best ways to tackle arenas where yo...
Why should I deal with my feelings if I'm a teen with ADHD?
One of the best ways to manage your attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a teen is...
Keep a Journal to Track Adult ADHD Symptoms