How can living with intention help with my adult ADD?

Self-efficacy is the power you have to act on your life and affect outcomes. In self-help terms, this is intention. When you have  adult attention deficit disorder (ADD), living with intention means that although you recognize that your ADD is real, you choose to live a full life -- and you set the course for what a full life means. Once you're aware of exactly how ADD limits your life, you can begin to make different choices. You can set the intention to not be ruled by your ADD, and instead allow other parts of yourself have a say in directing your life.
The Gift of Adult ADD: How to Transform Your Challenges and Build on Your Strengths

If you have attention deficit disorder (ADD), you may act impulsively, daydream, and have trouble focusing, but clinical studies suggest that these same symptoms may make you exceptionally creative,...

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
How can attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affect my marriage?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
Because the symptoms of ADD read like a checklist of complaints, it’s easy for a partner to throw up...
How can I overcome guilt about meeting my needs if I am an adult with ADD?
As an adult with attention deficit disorder (ADD), you may beat yourself up for your tendency to get...
Keep a Journal to Track Adult ADHD Symptoms