How should I deal with the emotional intensity of my partner who has ADD?

One of the great gifts of attention deficit disorder (ADD) is emotional intensity. You probably have experienced that you rarely are left in the dark wondering what does he really want now? ADD adults can seem to overreact, to have an easy fire temper and many other problems that feel difficult to live with. You can begin to understand that underlying these symptoms -- including impulsiveness -- is a clear direct and strong connection to his or her emotional currents. If you can channel this sensitivity in the right direction it can become fuel for a passionate partnership.

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
How can adult ADHD affect my perspective on life?
Do you feel good about yourself? Do you like spending time with others? Do they like spending ti...
Why should I deal with my feelings if I'm a teen with ADHD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
One of the best ways to manage your attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a teen is...
Use Technology to Get Organized
Use Technology to Get Organized