How can choosing the right carbs help me manage my ADHD symptoms?

The kind of carbohydrates you choose may be important in your quest to better manage your attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms. Because complex carbohydrates high in fiber give the body a slow, steady supply of energy, they may be best for people with ADHD. People with ADHD should seek out whole-wheat bread instead of white, whole-grain crackers instead of water crackers or saltines, brown rice instead of white, and whole-wheat cereal instead of corn flakes.

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
How can I get my partner with ADD to meet my needs?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you have a partner with attention deficit disorder (ADD), and if you constantly fight about n...
What tools can help me get organized as a teen with ADHD?
Teens with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) often find it difficult to be organiz...
Minimize Side Effects from ADHD Medications