Does alcohol affect people with ADHD differently?

Charles J. Sophy, MD
Adolescent Medicine

People with ADHD have an increased sensitivity to alcohol impairment of inhibitory control, and this may contribute to the high incidence of impulsive behaviors observed in individuals with this disorder.

Continue Learning about Living With ADD/ADHD

Adderall Abuse: A Growing Risk for Young Adults
You know a prescription drug is widely abused when it becomes the main character in recent movies! A is for Adderall is a documentary in production ab...
What problems are faced by adults with ADHD?
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) can cause problems for adults at work, at home, ...
What roles must I avoid playing if I have a partner with ADD?
Lara Honos-Webb, PhDLara Honos-Webb, PhD
If you have a partner with attention deficit disorder (ADD), below are a few predictable roles y...
Is Your ADHD Teen Ready to Drive?
Is Your ADHD Teen Ready to Drive?