Who is most at risk for cirrhosis?

Alcoholics or people who consume excessive amounts of alcohol are at risk for cirrhosis. People with other liver diseases, such as hepatitis, are at risk as well. To decrease your risk, limit alcohol intake and protect yourself from other liver diseases.

Continue Learning about Liver Disease

What are the main functions of the liver?
The main functions of the liver include processing what a person eats and drinks into energy and nut...
How can I protect my liver?
You can protect your liver by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and avoiding intake of tox...
What are the symptoms of liver disease?
Manish Thapar, MDManish Thapar, MD
Most of the time, people with liver disease have no symptoms. Liver disease is usually picked up dur...
Are infections common in people with liver disease?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
Most of the immune system lives in the liver, so infections are common in people with liver disease....