What is the rate of prevalence of liver disease?

About one in every ten people in the United States has some form of liver or gall bladder disease. The approximate annual number of mortalities of liver-related disease is 43,000 people. The large majority of these deaths is due to cirrhosis or chronic liver disease. In 2006, 27,555 people died because of chronic liver disease.

Continue Learning about Liver Disease

The Danger of a Fatty Meal
The Danger of a Fatty Meal
King Henry VIII is renowned for having six wives, two of whom he executed. But he is also an infamous glutton. He expanded the kitchens at Hampton Cou...
How can I protect my liver?
You can protect your liver by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and avoiding intake of tox...
What is a hepatologist?
Julia J. Wattacheril, MDJulia J. Wattacheril, MD
A hepatologist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases of the liver. Your li...
What is primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)?
Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), formerly known as primary biliary cirrhosis, is a progressive aut...