What is the rate of prevalence of liver disease?

About one in every ten people in the United States has some form of liver or gall bladder disease. The approximate annual number of mortalities of liver-related disease is 43,000 people. The large majority of these deaths is due to cirrhosis or chronic liver disease. In 2006, 27,555 people died because of chronic liver disease.

Continue Learning about Liver Disease

How do primary biliary cirrhosis and primary biliary cholangitis differ?
Primary biliary cholangitis was, in the past, commonly referred to as primary biliary cirrhosis. The...
How can I protect my liver?
You can protect your liver by eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and avoiding intake of tox...
What is the liver condition known as NASH?
The liver condition known as nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is a type of fatty liver disease as...
What is cholestatic hepatitis?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Hepatitis is a term that refers to a condition that causes inflammation of liver cells. We usually t...