You cannot catch cirrhosis from a person who is infected. However, you can catch hepatitis from someone else, and hepatitis, as well as other liver diseases, can cause cirrhosis. To avoid hepatitis, be sure you do not come into contact with another person's bodily fluids.
- Q What are the causes of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)?
- Q Can non-alcoholic fatty liver disease cause cirrhosis?
- Q Can alcohol-related liver disease cause cirrhosis?
- Q What increases my risk for cirrhosis?
- Q Can hepatitis cause cirrhosis?
- Q What is primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC)?