Should I talk to my doctor about liver disease symptoms?

Visit your family doctor if you suspect that you have symptoms of liver disease. Before you visit, make a list of all the symptoms you have and any medications you are taking. You should also write down any medical family history and any questions you have for your doctor. Your doctor may refer you to a hepatologist, a doctor who specializes in diseases of the liver.

Continue Learning about Liver Disease Signs & Symptoms

How can doctors tell if liver disease is improving?
Doctors can tell if liver disease is improving by performing certain tests. There are different kind...
What is liver disease?
Liver disease is a general term that refers to any abnormal process (infection, poisoning or cancer,...
What are the symptoms of primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)?
Symptoms of primary biliary cholangitis (PBC), formerly known as primary biliary cirrhosis, can some...
What disease causes yellow eyes, hands, and feet?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
A yellow discoloration in your eyes, hands and feet may be an indication of jaundice. Jaundice can b...