What is liver-directed therapy?

Liver-directed therapy is chemotherapy targeted to the liver, says Charles St. Hill, MD, an oncologist at Sunrise Hospital. In this video, he says that this is a way to treat metastatic colon cancer. 

Continue Learning about Liver Cancer Treatment

What are the side effects of radiation therapy for liver cancer?
Side effects of radiation therapy include nausea, fatigue, and vomiting. Another common one is diarr...
How is embolization used to treat liver cancer?
Dr. John C. Lipman, MDDr. John C. Lipman, MD
Embolization is a procedure that cuts off the flow of blood in to an area that it previously supplie...
If I've had yttrium-90 therapy, can I pass radiation exposure on to others?
St Francis Medical CenterSt Francis Medical Center
If you've had yttrium-90 therapy you cannot pass radiation exposure on to other people. Yttrium-90 h...
How Is Liver Cancer Treated?
How Is Liver Cancer Treated?