If caught in an early stage, liver cancer is curable. However, it can only be cured by a liver transplant or surgery. Furthermore, there is a high recurrence rate of liver cancer that has been removed by surgery. Other treatments will usually only shrink the tumor or slow its growth. Radiation can be ineffective.
- Q How is embolization used to treat liver cancer?
- Q What is portal vein embolization?
- Q How does transarterial chemo-embolization help treat liver cancer?
- Q What are some types of intra-arterial therapy for treating liver cancer?
- Q What are natural treatments for liver cancer?
- Q How does radiofrequency ablation treat liver cancer?