If caught in an early stage, liver cancer is curable. However, it can only be cured by a liver transplant or surgery. Furthermore, there is a high recurrence rate of liver cancer that has been removed by surgery. Other treatments will usually only shrink the tumor or slow its growth. Radiation can be ineffective.
- Q What are natural treatments for liver cancer?
- Q What is the treatment for metastatic liver cancer?
- Q What is yttrium-90 microsphere radioembolization?
- Q What is liver-directed therapy?
- Q How does a liver transplant treat liver cancer?
- Q How does intra-arterial therapy help treat liver cancer?