If caught in an early stage, liver cancer is curable. However, it can only be cured by a liver transplant or surgery. Furthermore, there is a high recurrence rate of liver cancer that has been removed by surgery. Other treatments will usually only shrink the tumor or slow its growth. Radiation can be ineffective.
- Q What is yttrium-90 microsphere radioembolization?
- Q What surgical treatments are available for liver cancer?
- Q Where can I get treatment for liver cancer?
- Q What is portal vein embolization?
- Q Will I need multiple surgeries to remove a liver tumor?
- Q How does ablation treat liver cancer?