If caught in an early stage, liver cancer is curable. However, it can only be cured by a liver transplant or surgery. Furthermore, there is a high recurrence rate of liver cancer that has been removed by surgery. Other treatments will usually only shrink the tumor or slow its growth. Radiation can be ineffective.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for liver cancer?
- Q What is the treatment for metastatic liver cancer?
- Q Will I need multiple surgeries to remove a liver tumor?
- Q How does transarterial chemo-embolization help treat liver cancer?
- Q What are the side effects of radiation therapy for liver cancer?
- Q How does ablation treat liver cancer?