Why might I need liposuction revision surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Another area of concern that comes up frequently with patients considering liposuction is revisions. It is not uncommon to require a secondary revision after liposuction. Your doctor performs the liposuction procedure mostly by feel. Here again, this is where experience is a must. However, on occasion, there may be a small amount of fat left over in one particular area, which may not be noticeable at first, due to swelling from the initial procedure. If after four to six months these areas have not resolved, they can be taken care of by a small revision surgery to feather them out if necessary.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

What are the types of liposuction?
Homayoun Sasson, MDHomayoun Sasson, MD
The types of liposuction include the following proven techniques: Tumescent liposuction, the gol...
What is the super-wet lipoplasty technique?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The super-wet liposuction technique uses half of the fluid volume infiltrated as tumescent technique...
What are the limitations of lipoplasty?
Lipoplasty or liposuctioning technique is very useful for patients who have specific localized fat d...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?