Is liposuction before pregnancy safe?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Liposuction is absolutely safe before pregnancy. In fact, we perform liposuction on women weekly that will become pregnant in the future. Liposuction is excellent for patients who have good skin tone, and who have localized deep fat deposits in the lower abdominal area, as well as the hips. Successful liposuction technique usually is performed via the tumescent technique, and 6 to 8 weeks of compression garments used postoperatively. It is absolutely safe to undergo liposuction before becoming pregnant.

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

What complications can result from liposuction surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
While liposuction is extremely safe in properly trained hands, you should be aware of what can g...
What is lipoplasty?
Lipoplasty, which is more commonly known as liposuction, is a kind of surgery where your doctor remo...
Can liposuction tighten loose skin?
Dr. Erik A. Hoy, MDDr. Erik A. Hoy, MD
Liposuction is a minimally invasive technique to remove fat (but not skin). It is best performed in ...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?