How should I choose a doctor to do my lipoplasty?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
When considering liposuction of the body it is recommended to find an experienced and qualified surgeon. Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons have the years of training, judgement, and experience to perform this procedure safely and predictably.

Because the results of lipoplasty (liposuction) procedures are often permanent, and complications from surgery can be serious, you should choose your doctor carefully. Do research on doctors in your area. Your surgeon should be licensed, certified, and have experience in lipoplasty. Before-and-after pictures may give you an idea of your doctor's skill, and you can ask around about their reputation. It is not wise to choose a doctor solely on price, because a bargain price might amount to below par surgical work that may leave you with incomplete or uneven, lipoplasty. Make sure to find a doctor with whom you are comfortable and whose goal is to make you an informed patient.

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

What is tumescent lipoplasty (liposuction)?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
In tumescent liposuction, which is the most common kind of lipoplasty, a fluid composed of anestheti...
What should I know if I'm considering liposuction?
Anne M. Chapas, MDAnne M. Chapas, MD
Board certified dermatologist Dr. Anne Chapas explains some things you should know if you are co...
What are the different kinds of lipoplasty procedures?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The four main types of liposuction approach include Tumescent, Super-Wet, Ultrasound assisted, and P...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?