How common is lipoplasty?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
Liposuction is now the second most common plastic surgery procedure after breast augmentation. It is safe and effective for removing localized fat deposits throughout the body and facial region when performed by experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Lipoplasty, better known as liposuction, is performed in the U.S. nearly 350,000 times a year, which makes it one of the most popular kinds of cosmetic surgery in the nation. The popularity of the procedure has been linked to fashion trends that bare the body.

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

How can liposuction help in the treatment of gynecomastia?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Liposuction revolutionized the treatment of gynecomastia (male breast growth). Prior to liposuct...
Which areas of the body get the best results from liposuction?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
There are several particular regions of the body that take very well to liposuction. I enjoy wor...
How should I prepare for a lipoplasty consultation?
In general, during the liposuction consultation, the patient should be prepared to understand the ri...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?