What complications can result from liposuction surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
While liposuction is extremely safe in properly trained hands, you should be aware of what can go wrong. For example, the underlying anatomy of the abdominal area can be in danger. If there is an error, and the cannula enters that area, the patient could develop a perforation or puncture of the intestines, resulting in death. This is one very good reason that a plastic surgeon must be trained in all areas of surgery, not for when things go right, but for when things go wrong. He or she has to be able to diagnose any ensuing complication and know the best course of action.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

What should I know if I'm considering liposuction?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Patients considering liposuction surgery need to be at their ideal body weight and should be evaluat...
What medications are prescribed during lipoplasty recovery?
Lipoplasty (liposuction) recovery is mostly about managing the pain and swelling caused by the surge...
How much fat can be removed during liposuction?
While it may seem that more is better, the amount of fat removed with liposuction should be rest...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?