Which areas of the body get the best results from liposuction?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
There are several particular regions of the body that take very well to liposuction. I enjoy working on the tummy area, hips, and the flanks as well as the inner and the outer thighs. I feel these are safe zones, and they do very well with liposuctioning. These are normally predictable areas as far as postoperative results.

Doctors have found great results with liposuctioning all over the body, including the face. This type of liposuction is often done in combination with face-lift procedures. Liposuction of the lateral breasts can also be performed, with good results in combination with a breast reduction. This reduces some of the fullness and the width on the side of the breast and gives a narrower and less bulging appearance on the side of the chest.
The Beverly Hills Shape: The Truth About Plastic Surgery

Dr. Stuart Linder, Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery, specializes in body sculpting procedures in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Dr. Linder has trained in both general...

Continue Learning about Lipoplasty

What blood tests are done before liposuction surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Prior to your surgery, your doctor will ask you to have a complete blood count (CBC), which show...
How much does lipoplasty cost?
The cost of lipoplasty, which is more commonly known as liposuction, usually depends upon the body a...
What complications can result from liposuction surgery?
While liposuction is extremely safe in properly trained hands, you should be aware of what can g...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering Liposuction?