Can I develop a lipid storage disorder as an adult?

Most lipid storage disorders begin to appear in early childhood. Because they are genetically inherited, they are present from birth and generally affect people before the age of five. However, there are a few types of lipid storage disorders that appear in adults. For example, cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis usually does not affect people until after 30 years old. All lipid storage disorders are present from birth, so the only difference is in the ones that do not show symptoms until you are older.

Continue Learning about Lipid Storage Disorder

What is the duration of a lipid storage disorder?
Since lipid storage disorders have no cure, they never disappear once they develop. Also, because th...
How do I manage my lipid storage disorder on a daily basis?
The most common way of managing lipid storage disorders is by treating the symptoms and side effects...
Where can I go for support for a lipid storage disorder?
There are numerous support organizations and web sites for people who have lipid storage disorders, ...
What is the rate of incidence for lipid storage disorders?
In general, lipid storage disorders are uncommon. For example, the most common lipid storage disorde...