What is the rate of incidence for mouth cancer?

About 30,000 people are diagnosed with mouth cancer every year in the United States. Men account for 21,000 of these and women account for 9,000. Death occurs in 8,000 of these cases.

The National Cancer Institute estimates that about 40,000 people in the United States will be diagnosed with mouth or throat cancer in 2012. About 8,000 people will die of the disease.

Regular visits to your dentist can improve the chances that any suspicious changes in your oral health will be caught early, at a time when cancer can be treated more easily.

Continue Learning about Oral Cancer

What is the rate incidence of oral cancer?
There are 30,000-35,000 new cases of oral cancer diagnosed in the United States every year. This acc...
How do other illnesses affect oral cancer?
Most illnesses do not affect oral cancer, but some diseases can put you at risk for it and the treat...
What is mouth cancer?
Mouth cancer is a type of cancer that occurs anywhere inside of the mouth. It may be present on the ...
Should I talk to my doctor about oral cancer symptoms?
The symptoms of oral cancer are discoloration, pain, numbness, swelling, and difficulty moving your ...