What increases my risk for crab lice or pubic lice?

Because the condition is most common among adolescents, sexually active teenagers are the group at highest risk for an infestation of pubic lice. However, anyone who is sexually active, especially those with multiple partners, is vulnerable to picking up crabs. Coming into any kind of contact with an infested person also puts you at risk, particularly if you share clothing or bedding with them.

Continue Learning about Lice

Up to 12 Million Children Get Lice Every Year—Is Your Child at Risk?
The kids are back to school—and back to germs and contagious conditions. Head lice are most common in school-aged children. In fact, up to 12 million ...
Why do lice make your scalp itch?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
The itching sensation that develops when you have lice is actually an allergic reaction to their sal...
When should I call my doctor if I have lice?
You should call your doctor if you have lice and over-the-counter treatment medications aren't effec...
How to Get Rid of Lice
How to Get Rid of Lice