Where can I find support as a gay, lesbian, or bisexual teen?

A lot of high schools now have support groups for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender, queer) kids. If you can’t go public and join a group, perhaps seek out and confide in an older person from outside your family. Be careful what you write on the internet or who you “friend” on Facebook, especially if you’re not ready to be outed just yet. The internet is public space. For more info, checkout www.itgetsbetter.org or www.lambda.org/youth, www.glsen.org.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: LGBTQ Issues

What are different sexual identities I should be aware of as a teen?
Heterosexuality means being attracted to the opposite sex. Homosexuality means having a same-sex pre...
What is homophobia?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Homophobia is the fear of and hatred toward homosexuality or gay, lesbian, or bisexual people. It af...
What factors might influence my decision to come out?
Letting other people know that we identify as lesbian, bisexual, queer, or trans can be one of the m...
What is hatred based on sexual orientation?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Homosexuality and bisexuality often are subject to social stigmas such as discrimination, prejudice ...