As a teen, what should I know about my sexual identity?

Your sexual identity means whether you are attracted to guys, girls, both, or neither. Think back to the last time someone got your heart going pitter-patter and literally took your breath away. Was that person a guy? Was it a girl? Could it be either, depending on the person? Many people dabble in different sexual identities before they figure out which gender attracts them.
YOU: The Owner's Manual for Teens: A Guide to a Healthy Body and Happy Life

A few years ago, we wrote YOU: The Owner’s Manual, which taught people about the inner workings of their bodies—and how to keep them running strong. But you know what? There’s a big difference...

Continue Learning about Teen Perspective: LGBTQ Issues

What are different sexual identities I should be aware of as a teen?
Heterosexuality means being attracted to the opposite sex. Homosexuality means having a same-sex pre...
What is homophobia?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Homophobia is the fear of and hatred toward homosexuality or gay, lesbian, or bisexual people. It af...
What is hatred based on sexual orientation?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Homosexuality and bisexuality often are subject to social stigmas such as discrimination, prejudice ...
Where can I find support as a gay, lesbian, or bisexual teen?
A lot of high schools now have support groups for LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender, queer) ...