The Mirena Intrauterine System (IUS) is used for the prevention of pregnancy and is appropriate for childbearing women who desire a long term method of contraception. It can be used through the menopause transition to provide contraception. It is not intended for post menopausal use.
- Q What questions should I ask my doctor about Mirena?
- Q Does Mirena interact with other medications or foods?
- Q Who should not use Mirena?
- Q Should I worry about allergies with Mirena?
- Q What should I expect when Mirena is placed in my uterus?
- Q How does Mirena affect my periods?