Q

Leukemia

What are the warning signs of leukemia?

• A Hematology & Oncology, answered on behalf of
    What Are the Warning Signs of Leukemia?
    In this video, hematologist and oncologist Monique Sajjad, DO from St. Petersberg General Hospital lists the common symptoms of leukemia and stresses the importance of routine blood work.
  • A answered
    The early warning signs of leukemia include paleness, fatigue, weight loss, a tendency to bruise easily, repeated infections, and heavy or uncontrolled bleeding, such as nosebleeds. Any of these symptoms can appear suddenly in acute leukemia. Normally, a person with acute leukemia will feel sick due to these symptoms and see their doctor. The progress of chronic leukemia can be slow and produce no symptoms for years. Chronic leukemia is often detected by a doctor during a routine checkup, before the patient is aware of any symptoms.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
Should I see a doctor about my leukemia symptoms?