Is leukemia more common among men than women?

Of all diagnosed leukemia cases, men are the clear majority. Leukemia is the fifth leading cause of cancer-related death among men; among women it is the seventh. Nearly three-fifths of all leukemia cases are diagnosed in men.

Continue Learning about Leukemia

Ask the Experts: CLL Prevention
Ask the Experts: CLL Prevention
In this video, Dr. Oz explains why it’s difficult to prevent the most common form of leukemia among adults in the United States, chronic lymphocytic l...
4 Tips for Staying Healthy With Chronic Phase CML
You've got a lot on your mind. Here are four basic tips for staying healthy and managing chronic myeloid leukemia.
Which is the least serious type of leukemia?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The slow-growing form of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is the least serious type of leukemia. I...
What can I do if I'm feeling overwhelmed by my leukemia diagnosis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
If you are feeling overwhelmed by your leukemia diagnosis, remember that you’re not alone. Many peop...