How should I do a side leg raise?

With a weight in your right hand and your left hand on your waist, stand with your feet together, toes aligned. Rest the weight against your right thigh, bend your right knee and lift your right leg out to the side -- pushing the weight out to the side with it. Bring your thighs together and then repeat. If you have trouble balancing, move your waist hand to a wall. Work up to 25 reps each leg. To make it harder: Work up to 50 reps each leg.

Continue Learning about Leg Exercises

what exercise will strengthen my inner calves ?
A great exercise to target the inner portion of the calves is a calf raise with the toes turned ...
how do i use a leg press machine ?
Sit in a sled machine and position your back and glutes against the support pads.  Keep your feet st...
how do i perform butt kicks ?
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead and placed shoulder-width apart. Contract your glutes, j...
how can i get bigger quadriceps ?
Increasing the size of your quadriceps (muscles on the front of the thigh) requires the right combin...