How do I use a leg press machine?

Sit in a sled machine and position your back and glutes against the support pads.  Keep your feet straight, placed shoulder width apart and knees slightly bent.  Lower the weight toward your body.  Contract your glutes and press through your heels to push the weight upward and extend your legs.

Continue Learning about Leg Exercises

how should i exercise my calf muscles ?
To strengthen your calf muscles you can do a one-leg calf lift exercise using free weights.Muscles w...
my knees are sore from running , should i be lifting weights for my legs ?
Absolutely! Having strong legs can take the stress off the knee joint and potentially decrease the s...
what is the best exercise to tone my thighs ?
To tone your upper leg muscles, try the leg extension: Start by sitting up straight, with both fe...
what is a knee extension ?
A knee extension is a resistance training exercise in which a load is placed on the shin and from a ...