Can lunges give a better shape to my glutes?

It will depend on whether you have muscle imbalances and what exercises you have been doing previously. Remember, if your hips are tight, your glutes will not work optimally, limiting the amount of development in the glutes. Performing a different exercise may create a different stimulus to the glute muscles, forcing them to adapt and potentially developing more. For instance, if you have been doing squats, doing lunges instead may create more development in the glutes. However, if the glutes are limited by tight hip flexors, it doesn't matter what exercise you do, you may not get the results you are seeking. All in all, lunges may not develop everyone's glutes the same way. It's not the exercise itself that will create better glutes; rather, it's the stimulus of a new exercise.

Continue Learning about Leg Exercises

Bye-Bye Saddlebags: How to Slim Your Outer Thighs
Saddlebags sure are handy when you're riding a horse out on the trail or zooming along on a Harley, but when you're trying to slide into your favorite...
How should I do squats?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent, with your arms by your sides. Slowly...
How do I prevent overdeveloping my quads when working out?
The best way to prevent the quads from becoming overdeveloped is to focus on exercises which activat...
What Is a Good Exercise to Work My Inner Thighs?