What are the treatment options for learning disabilities?

Treatment options for learning disabilities depend on a specific child's disability. In general, treatment focuses on improving the child's performance in an educational setting. Children may need extra help in reading or writing, or may need to learn better ways of organizing information. The extent of additional instruction needed depends on the severity of the learning disability.

Continue Learning about Learning Disabilities (LD) Alternative Treatments

How can I help my child cope with a learning disability?
The goal of any type of support from a child with a learning disability is to give the child strateg...
What can I do to help control learning disabilities?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Even though learning disabilities can't be cured, there is still cause for hope. Because certain lea...
How do I care for someone with a learning disability?
If a child in your care has a learning disability, you should follow his or her treatment plan. This...
Are there alternative treatments for learning disabilities?
Alternative treatments for learning disabilities are used, but research needed to prove conclusively...