There are very few side effects associated with lactulose. However, belching, bloating, flatulence, diarrhea, vomiting, nausea and stomach discomfort or pain are fairly common side effects, and need not be reported unless they bother you. If you experience severe or ongoing diarrhea or if you notice any signs of an allergic reaction (i.e. difficulty breathing, hives, or swelling in the face, tongue, lips, or throat), you should stop taking lactulose and contact your doctor immediately.
- Q Do HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets interact with other drugs?
- Q Is it safe for me to use laxatives all the time?
- Q What are the risks of using laxatives to treat constipation?
- Q Who should not take HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets?
- Q What are HalfLytely and Bisacodyl Tablets?
- Q How do oral laxatives work?