Oral stimulant laxatives are fast-acting laxatives that are taken to produce a bowel movement. Oral stimulant laxatives help your body by generating steady contractions in your intestinal muscles. These contractions help to move your stool through your intestines and out of your body. Brand name oral stimulants include Ex-Lax and Senokot.
- Q How do rectal stimulant laxatives relieve constipation?
- Q What is the difference between stimulant and other laxatives?
- Q What are the risks of taking stimulant laxatives?
- Q What are rectal stimulant laxatives?
- Q Who should take stimulant laxatives?
- Q What are the side effects of stimulant laxatives?