Can laughter cure illness?

Laughter alone is not a cure, but it promote mental and physical health and alleviates several conditions. Laughing often can combat anxiety and depression. People with eczema note improved complexions after consistently watching comedies. Allergy patients report lesser symptoms when they laugh regularly. Some cancer-treatment centers prescribe "laughter therapy" into treatment plans to boost the positive thinking that supports healing. Some military personnel are being trained to use laughter to relieve stress that could cause post-traumatic stress disorder.

Continue Learning about Laughter Therapy

What are some health benefits of laughter?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
A study at the University of Maryland Medical Center shows laughter increases our capacity to fight ...
How is laughter the best medicine?
Dr. Kevin J. Soden, MDDr. Kevin J. Soden, MD
Let me start by saying that I strongly believe that "Laughter is the Best Medicine". Reader's Digest...
How Is Laughing Good for Me?
How Is Laughing Good for Me?
Sharing Care: Laughter Is the Best Medicine